How to Backup from Mobile - iDMSS or gDMSS
This article will show how to search and download a video clip thru mobile app. Playback menu on the mobile app allow user to search the recorded video files stored in the added device for remote playback. Prerequisites.
Dahua Recorder with HDD installed and record configuration enabled
IDMSS/ GDMSS app installed on iPhone or Android mobile phone
Step by Step Instructions
1. Tap on Menu.png from the top left, then it will launch left menu pane.
2. Tap on Playback.
Tap on CamSelection.png from the top right corner.
For Step 4-7, please refer to the following screenshot:
4. Set the Start and End Time.
5. Select the Record Type to view.
6. Select the Camera Channel you like to play.
7. Tap on Start Playback.
8. Video Playback is now playing.
In this playback menu, there are several feature available such as Snapshot , Enable Audio , and Fish-eye view Expansion.
Clip the Playback Video
1. Start Playback.
2. Select the camera window, video clipping is only allow 1 channel at the same time.
3. Tap on ,And then you start the clip by tapping on , and Fish-eye view Expansion.
4. Move your Red Cursor to a time frame where to stop the video clip. (Max. 30 mins)
5. Tap on to stop clip.
6. Tap OK
The video clip is now save into the temporary app storage. To download the video clip to your mobile phone or to share it via email or other phone app; go to the Menu > Local Files > Tap on > Select the video files > Tap on
You can also tap on Share Icon and select the app to share the video clip.
To remove the file from local storage, select the video file, and tap on
Record the Playback Video
1. Start Playback.
2. Tap on
2. Tap on again to stop the recording mode.
For this feature, dragging the time frame is not allow since the purpose of this feature is to quick record file during playback view.