How to create a Tripwire in SmartPSS
Dahua NVRs and DVRs offer a variety of recording options. You can configure recording schedules based on the following methods:
Motion Detection + Alarm
IVS if the feature is available depending on the model. For this tutorial, we will be setting up IVS recording. We will be using the X72A2A and DHIPC-HDW44A1MN-I to set this up..
Dahua Recorder with new GUI and supportive IVS features
Dahua Camera with IVS rule and Smart plan enabled
Step by Step Instructions
1. Login to the Camera’s WEBUI
2. Go to Settings>Events>IVS
3. Click on the green “+” icon to add a rule. You can also rename the rule by double-clicking under “Name”. We will be adding a Tripwire in this example
4. Click on Draw Rule to start drawing
-Left-Click for starting point and Left-Click again for end point
-Right-Click to finish
5.Change the direction you want to the tripwire to go off, enable “Record” and click on save when you’re done enabling the settings.
6.Smart plan is crucial, it MUST be enabled so our IVS rules can take effect. Highlight “IVS” and save it.
Adding the camera to the recorder and enabling Intel recording
● Login to the recorder and go to Camera>Registration>Manual Add
8. Type in the information it asks for and clicks on save when finished, we will be adding this camera to channel 7
9. Now lets go to Storage>Schedule, select the channel and click on the “Settings” tab on the right side
10.Keep “Intel” checked and copy it to all days, save it
11. Click on “Save” to finalize the changes
12. In the main menu go to “Video”
13. Select the channel with the IVS rules, you can now see the recordings of when that tripwire was tripped